I am humbled and proud to announce that I have joined the International Advisory Board for San Jose State University, Center for Information Research & Innovation. I am looking forward to contributing to the boards work.
The Center for Information Research and Innovation (CIRI) is organized around numerous research areas, including:
- Digital Records and Curation – Includes archives, records management, depositories, digitization, preservation
- Information Access and Use – Includes informatics, information behaviors, organization of information, information services
- LIS Online Learning – Includes online delivery methods, components of successful online delivery, online readiness, LIS education, MLIS skills
- New Literacies and Learning – Includes digital, visual and information literacy, reading, literature in multiple formats
- Management and Leadership – Includes libraries as organizations, as physical and virtual places, marketing, advocacy, leadership
- Social Dynamics of Information – Includes historical and contemporary topics relating to information and society
- Technological Innovation and Change – Includes impact of emerging trends and technologies on library and information services
The work of the Center for Information Research and Innovation (CIRI) is guided by an international advisory board of leading researchers from the academy, government and industry. The board meets regularly to discuss research and professional issues requiring attention, to assess the role and impact of CIRI to date and to recommend priorities for development and resource allocation. For more, see full profiles of the board members.